Substance Painter – Rune Sword Course
Create a AAA quality sword asset and import it into Unreal Engine and Unity!
Welcome to the Substance Painter – Rune Sword Course! This is a beginner level course teaching the basics of Substance Painter to create a AAA quality rune sword, complete with PBR textures (don’t worry, you’ll learn what those are), with emissive glowing runes that shine their magical light in the dark! You’ll be introduced to Substance Painter and how to get you meshes into the software. This course uses the Rune Sword, modeled in my Blender Sculpting – Rune Sword course, but you’ll be provided with both the high and low poly mesh for this course!
Best Seller Course: The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity (Official)
What you’ll learn
- Texturing a game asset in Substance Painter
- Baking mesh maps from high-poly to low-poly meshes
- What the different maps are and what they do for our mesh
- How to apply masks to layers and layer groups
- Use of paint and fill layers, filters, and generators
- Adding color variations, edge wear, dirt, ambient occlusion, post process effects, and more!
You May Also Like This Course: Pixel Art Characters – 2D Character Design & Animation